Type: 0-6-0T (side tank)
Builder: Andrew Barclay, Kilmarnock, Scotland (Works no 1641)
"Doll" was one of three identical locomotives built for the Sydenham ironstone quarries, near Banbury, Oxfordshire. When the quarries closed in 1925, they were sent to Bilston steelworks, near Wolverhampton, where "Doll" worked until it was withdrawn in 1959. After brief spells in preservation near Kenilworth, Warwickshire, and at Bressingham, Norfolk, it arrived at Leighton Buzzard in 1969, and has had several periods of active service. After a major overhaul, including the construction of a new boiler, it is now in regular use on passenger trains.
"Doll" can be found on the Leighton Buzzard Preserved Narrow Gauge Railway www.buzzrail.co.uk